Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Will you speak words of Life or Death?

Lately I've been making a video blog. it's been really good for me because I am forced to express myself verbally, I'm good at expressing myself on paper but I havent been that great at verbal expression...but with this Vlog I am doing much better...all thanks to God.

but yesterday was a hard day for me, at least in the morning....
a person on my friends list on facebook (I no longer call him a friend) well he started chatting with me...I was nice to him....then all of a sudden he asked why I was fat in my photo's, it came out of no where and so I didn't know what to say, I asked him if he knew the effect that mean words had on people...but he didn't care...all he cared about was being hurtful and mean....he said a few other vulger things about my weight as well that I dont care to repeat...so I had made a video telling about what he did...because I wanted to be real and show people that their words effect people...

anyway my point is the words we speak to other people can either encourage them or tear them down....our words have that effect, even if we think they dont....so when a person calls you something mean like Karim did to me, then he was speaking failure and discouragement into my life....and it hurt because I thought he was a nice person...but he wasnt...
so when you talk to someone be careful about what you say to them...the Bible says that Life and Death are in the power of the tongue....
God wants us to speak encouragement and life into other people's lives.

but what do you do when someone like karim speaks death and mean words into your life....well it's okay to feel the pain of those words, you never want to suppress the pain, if you do that then it will explode, so it's okay to feel the pain of the hurtful words...BUT always give yourself a time limit....I gave myself 5 mins, I cried, I talked about it, and I felt the pain...but after those 5 mins were over...I was done with the pain....I went into the presence of God and He comforted me and He told me exactly what He thinks about me, I am His beloved daughter, He cares about me and He loves me just the way I am. He filled me back up with His Joy and His Peace.
so when someone speaks hurtful words into your life, give yourself a few mins to feel the pain (no more the 5 mins) but when that time is up...give it all to God and ask Him to tell you what He thinks of you...I promise you He thinks the WORLD of you =)
if you have gone through bullying (that is exactly what this person did) please comment if you want prayer for peace and joy, and I will pray for you.

May God Bless you

-Into the Light-

No comments:

Post a Comment