Sunday, August 21, 2011

Let your Light Shine

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. "
Matthew 5:16


 "But I say, do not resist an evil person! If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also. "
Matthew 5:39


I had this tested today.....someone who called himself my friend got very angry at me for no good reason and he started cussing and insulting me, calling me stupid and all that....of course the reason why he got angry was very small and a silly reason to get mad at someone...espeshly at someone you suposedly call a friend....he wanted to chat with me on yahoo voice and I had said no....well this is not the first time this has happened between him and I....after the first time he got mad at me for no good reason I made it quite clear that I did forgive him but I didnt ever want to talk with him on mic. anyway back to today's incident....when he was cussing at me and saying all sorts of hurtful things, my human side [the sinful humanly flesh] wanted so bad to rear its ugly head and cuss him out and say hurtful things right back....I almost did too.....but I didn't....I prayed, and I kept my cool no matter what he said to me before I left the conversation....I stayed kind, no matter what he said to me....


One thing that we need to remember, when we become followers of Jesus Christ we want to show others His Love and Mercy, but sometimes someone will come along and tempt us to show our sinful side [by saying mean things back or something like that] and yes we will make mistakes, we will lose our tempers, no matter how much we try we are not perfect....BUT we serve a God who is....if we ask Him to He will calm us in times when we might lose our temper, and He can keep us from temptation....sometimes though we want to accept the temptation and that is when we mess up and sin....but He forgives us and we again ask Him to guild us and keep us from temptation....the important thing that we need to do is when people come into our lives and they and rude, hurtful or mean to us, let them be....dont stoop to their level....instead try praying for them, in doing that you will show them kindness.


anyway I wanted to share this little bit of information, hopefully it will help someone the same way it did me.


God Bless


-Into The Light-

No comments:

Post a Comment