Wednesday, August 3, 2011

religion vs. relationship

I have many Muslim friends who are always trying to get me to "convert" to Islam...what Muslims dont understand about true Christianity is that it's NOT a religion, it is a personal friendship with Jesus Christ, nothing is better then this.
my friends are always saying if I "convert" it will be "better" for me....
here is what I believe:

God Loves us Unconditionally
Jesus died and rose again to save us from our sin
God has promised that we will have eternal life with Him if we accept His gift [Jesus]
Jesus promised to be with us always.

now knowing all these things and believing in them wholeheartedly, why would I want to "convert" to a religion where the belief is that:

Jesus was only a prophet and nothing more
Allah [God] could still choose to not allow me into paradise, even though I believed in him and did good works.

I ask this....why would I want to believe in a religion that has no real certainty for eternal Life with God?

the bible says that if we confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead we will be saved.
and it says the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

so seeing as I know without a doubt that I am going to heaven when I die, why would I want anything less?

anyway.....I want to show all who will read this the true unconditional Love of God....

my next few posts are going to be about Islam. I pray that anyone who reads this blog will have their eyes truly opened to the truth of God....

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment