Saturday, August 6, 2011

Christian means...........what?

This question is directed at fellow Christians.....

Am I any LESS of a Christian because I am not going to church right now?

I had a friend ask if I was going to church, I said not at the moment because we dont have a car, so we have no way to get there, he started telling me that its wrong, and that I NEED to be in church...I told him, that true church is in the heart, and he started quoting verses to me, like acts 2, and such....it made me feel like I was less of a Christian then he was, it made me feel judged, so I asked him the same question I posted above....he didnt answer....so here is what I believe....

the word Christian means "Christ-Like" or follower of Christ....
A christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ and has chosen to follow Him. that's basic Christianity....going deeper in what I believe we find...
I believe in the trinity
I believe that the Bible is the only word of God
I believe in the Rapture of the church [comment here if  you want to know more about the Rapture]
I believe in being baptized in the Holy Spirit and the speaking of tounges

the important thing is that we keep Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, lest ye be judged" kjv
this means, DONT judge...dont imply that one believer is any less of a follower of Christ just because they don't go to church....

yes it's good to speak to unbelievers and tell them the truth of what we believe....but we must do that in love....and love does not judge....

anyway God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment