Friday, August 19, 2011

double standards....

I find it quite interesting and very funny when people tell me that their religion is peaceful but then they turn right around and say hostile things...

for example, on yahoo messenger I have the Israel flag displayed in my main picture, because I support Israel....well I'm guessing one of my muslim friends didnt like it [well they all hate it, and I have had them tell me (not ask) to take it down, but I'm talking about this incident today] because he IMed me and the first words he sends me is: "F*** you Israel"

 hmmmm....ok well if he is representing his religion
[and we all are, when we say that we're muslim or christian or hindu or whatever, and we do something either good or bad, people will see our representation of our beliefs through our actions....]
then people might think that his religion is as hostile as he is....of course I could go into the quran and show you all the hostile and NON-peaceful verses there are....but yeah that's for another day...but when you say your religion is peaceful but yet you go around saying hostile things to people....that is a double standard, and it makes people think that hmmm maybe his religion isnt as peaceful as he wants us to think it is....

now I will use myself as an example now....my faith really is peaceful, Jesus tells us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us, he says if someone does something wrong to you, turn the other cheek, etc etc etc...now I admit I'm NOT perfect [no one is] I do make mistakes, I get mad, it's all part of being human....

BUT I do not HATE people.....

I dont care what you do, I may not like you....but I will never hate you....I do not go around spreading hate....yes I speak the truth....but I ALWAYS try to do it with Love....I do not go around "bashing" muslims

[even though some people think I do here, thats not true....I do my research, and I post the truth with evidence, you can make up your own mind I am just making the truth available]
and even in this post, I'm not "bashing" a certain religion....this same concept goes for christians and any other belief system that says they are one thing, if you say your religion is peaceful, and you are devoted to it....then do NOT have a double standard...
now if your religion says to fight unbelievers, or whatever....quit trying to pass it off as a religion of peace because last I checked in the dictionary....peace did NOT mean to fight those who disagree with you....now I'm not saying to go out and do those things....NO WAY....I am saying dont try to say it's peaceful when it's really not.....

now I've known of fellow christians who have held this same double standard, they are all nice and peaceful in church on sunday....but then come monday they are partying and doing drugs and other things that dont glorify God....a lot of people dont realize that when we do things....we are representing God, and our beliefs....

anyway so I wanted to share my thoughts on this, and hopefully some people will realize that either they need to quit saying their religion is something that its NOT....OR they need to show people that it is the peaceful belief that they say they believe in.....

just some food for thought....

Blessings

-In The Light-

No comments:

Post a Comment